What once used to be taboo and rarely discussed, is now becoming a constituent in our lives talking about death and funerals. Often, we get caught off guard when faced with the news of a loved one’s passing. In the midst of a difficult period, you will need to make certain decisions and arrangements in a short time. To ensure you know what services you’re paying for and that you receive what you need, we’ve prepared a list of five things you should know before engaging a funeral service provider in Singapore.
As an integrated bereavement care provider in Singapore, Nirvana Memorial Garden (富贵山庄) has over three decades of experience, bringing you premier services in funeral planning and arrangements. Let us bring you through a comprehensive list of factors to note so you can arrive at more informed decisions before planning for a funeral service in Singapore.
1. Religion & cultureReligion and culture play a big part of planning for a funeral. Hence, it is crucial to find out if the bereavement care provider is religiously or culturally affiliated. If so, it is important to note which religions they cater their services for too. Here at Nirvana Memorial Garden (富贵山庄), we provide resting places for the religious and the non-religious as well as cater to people of different faiths and cultures. This is because the funeral rites for each religion differs. Engaging a service provider who understands your needs and wants will ensure a more seamless and enriching experience when planning for funerals. If you wish to find out what is the funeral etiquette for the respective religions, do contact us to find out more.
2. Products & servicesUnderstanding the provider’s services and aligning your expectations is important and should be done before proceeding with any other arrangements. Moreover, apart from what is offered, you can enquire about services that fulfil you or your family’s requirements, be it additional embalming or encoffinment services. You may also want to consider if your recently deceased loved one had left any instructions on how he/she wishes for her funeral to be arranged. This will give you a clearer picture on what needs to or can be done moving forward. For starters, Nirvana Memorial Garden (富贵山庄) provides the following funeral services:
- Embalming Handling & Encoffinment Service
- Preparation of Memorial Ceremony
- Coordination of Funeral Service & Memorial Ceremony
- Funeral Procession Service
- Other Ancillary Services